Become a member
We don’t have shareholders and instead have around 60 independent Members who carry out a vital scrutiny and governance role.
Who are we?
Welsh Water is not-for-profit and unique in the utilities sector. Our parent company, Glas Cymru Holdings Cyfyngedig, is a company formed for the purpose of owning, financing and managing Welsh Water.
Any financial surpluses are retained for the benefit of our customers and put back into looking after your water and the environment.
What you will do
- Hold our Board of Directors to account for the performance of the company
- Help ensure high standards of corporate governance
- Meet at least twice a year with an additional two regional meetings held throughout the parts of Wales and England that we serve
What you will get
- The role is unpaid – but you will get money back for expenses
- Opportunity to help shape the governance of one of Wales’ largest companies
- Chance to meet new people
- Chance to help oversee the work of one of our most essential public services
To reflect the communities we serve across Wales and parts of England, we are keen to appoint Members with a diverse range of ages, skills, backgrounds and experiences. You don’t need to be an expert in the water industry – just committed to the success of this vital industry in our communities.
What do you need to do?
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you wish to become a Glas Member to email@example.com by Wednesday, 9 September 2020. Please also complete and return with your application the attached Equal Opportunities Form which will be used for monitoring purposes only.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview by video conference (Microsoft Teams) in the week beginning 5th October 2020.
Appointments will be made towards the end of October 2020 and an induction day will take place before you are invited to your first Members’ meeting on Friday, 4 December 2020